|Looking for a quick and easy way to bring a little Louisiana flair to your dinner? Then check out this delicious recipe for Jambalaya pasta.
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped bell peppers
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 links of andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 10 ounces of penne pasta
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2-cup of heavy cream
- chopped parsley, for serving
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook until softened.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken, ground pepper, kosher salt, and Cajun seasoning and cook until chicken is done.
- Add the penne pasta, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Let the ingredients simmer for about 20 minutes or until almost all the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and heavy cream until they’re smooth.
- Sprinkle the parsley and Parmesan cheese on top and serve.